About Us

My photo
Lovin life! No matter where we are or what we're doing.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Reality

"It's not what you know, it's who you know," could never have been more true than it is right now. I feel like an alien in a foreign land. We have been in Austin for about 2 months now. I have probably been actively looking for a job for 6 weeks. I haven't had one interview. Without an inside connection or at least a familiar resume, I feel like I'm swimming upstream with one arm tied behind my back. I've never been a strong swimmer.

I can only think of two times in my life I was hired "cold," without knowing someone who got my foot in the door. Now, when I need a job more than ever, I don't know enough people to find one. Thankfully, FedEx has been giving Frank decent hours, but every 3 weeks there seems to be a bad week for hours. This has been one of those weeks.

Honestly, I'm feeling discouraged. I don't want this blog to be a downer, but I also don't want to hide the truth from y'all either. I need a job desperately and Frank needs more hours. There are two full time routes coming up in August that he will bid for. We appreciate your prayers. I also appreciate your hints, tips & leads. It's been a while since I had to look for a job. With so many people looking for work the job market has become more competitive and I've never been one for much competition.

Much Love,
Alita & Frank

3 comments:

  1. Since my accident, Lisa and I have learned to live in the now. I am just now getting back into work but after the wreck we had nothing for four months. God blessed us with what we needed when we needed it when hope seemed lost. He will do the same for y'all. We will be praying for you.

    Much love,

    Larry and Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you, friend!!!! I hope your wait will end soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you guys! Keep smiling and when you don't feel like smiling....remember you have each other. Brings a smile every time!

    ReplyDelete